Excerpt from the 501st Legion Charter
"Garrisons can create squads within their units where somewhat isolated clusters of members tend to operate together regularly.... Squad affiliation is normally based upon geographical boundaries and each member's primary residence.
(See full article here
- Minimum of 10 active Legion members residing within a reasonably close geographic region
- Clearly defined geographical territory
- Approval of Garrison CO
- Six-month probationary period during which the Squad must demonstrate that it can operate as a solid, cohesive unit that is a part of the parent Garrison.
- The word "Squad" somewhere in the name of the unit
New Unit Logo Requirements
- Original artwork only (no direct copies of existing art, particularly Lucasfilm images).
- Elements should be graphical; i.e. no photographs. Vector art preferred.
- Name of group should be in English or native language of the unit.
- "501st" should appear in English or Aurebesh.
- No inappropriate material (vulgarities, rude gestures, etc.)
Once the Garrison CO has approved the formation of a Squad, the CO must complete this form which will then be reviewed by the LCO and COG. The application may be approved immediate, or may be returned or deferred if changes are required. If approved, the Squad then undergoes its six-month probationary period.
The probationary period does not affect a Squad's operations or permissions. The Squad is listed in the 501st.com database like any other unit and is not restricted from any functions with the exception of unit merchandise (contact the Legion MBO for details). Upon completion of the probationary period, the Squad's performance is reviewed by the Garrison CO and the Legion COG.
After completing the form (all
fields must be filled in), click the "Validate Application"
button to verify all listed members are
valid. The button will change to "Submit Application"
when the application is ready for sending.
If you have general comments, questions, or technical issues, please use our feedback form.