For 501st approval:
- The belt boxes are black and centered vertically on the belt approximately one and one-half to two inches from the buckle, and mirror image one another.
- In terms of height, the belt boxes are slightly larger than the belt buckle.
- The back side of each box is removable and meets flush with the rest of the box.
- From the center outwards each box has:
- two rectangular opaque green light panels (bordered by a thin raised black section) above a half strip of braid-reinforced transparent hose inset in a rectangular cutout,
- a cylindrical opaque red light set in a very small chrome ring (bezel),
- and six silver posts with smooth, not knurled, sides in two vertical columns of three.
- All lights are constantly lit.
- Version comparison and details.
- Allowed (but not recommended): The red light may be a small domed opaque light, and may also be set in very noticeable chrome bezel. The red light may also not contain any bezel at the base. The six silver posts may have knurled sides. View
|For Advanced Status certification (optional upgrade):|
- The belt box should be tapered: the back face should be larger than the front face.
- Additional Notes: The belt boxes in the film were metal. Depending on the scene in the film, the belt boxes range from being un-weathered to slightly weathered. The chrome bezel is very thin and extends approximately one-eighth to one-fourth the height of the red light, and therefore is not very noticeable when the red light is on, giving the illusion that it is not there.