Public Relations Survival Guide
There are several on line resources for Public Relations available here PR Galleries
The rules are very simple.
- No usage of copyrighted images (this means all art should be original or at the very least significantly altered from its original format).
- Include 501st Legion logo and/or mention of the 501st Legion
- Include the www.501st.com
- Use the LFL official disclamer when possible (see below)
- Logos should remain unmodified Logo Archives
- Include proper Legion member ID and photographer credit when using images.
The 501st Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While it is not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred Imperial costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. ©<insert current year here> Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
EPS LOGOS (for Print): The following eps files are intended for PRINT USE, and work well in cases where the logo must be reproduced with sharp detail or at large sizes (such as banners or posters). Because the logo is usually seen on a dark background, the color versions of these eps files have a black box beneath the actual logo art. This black box may be deleted to accomodate the background of your choice. Because of the nature of vector art, these files may be used at any size. Always remember to resize proportionately. We strongly recommend the use of Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator software to resize these files. Right click with your mouse on the text description (not the image) of the logo that you want, and select "Save File As" (or equivalent) to your local computer.
OPTION 1 - MASTER ROUND LOGO
The color version of the Master Round Logo contains 3 colors (not counting white): red, black, and light gray.
OPTION 2 - MASTER BANNER LOGO
The color version of the Master Banner Logo contains 2 colors (not counting white): red and black.
OPTION 3 - MASTER ROUND/BANNER LOGO
The color version of the Master Round/Banner Logo contains 3 colors (not counting white): red, black, and light gray.
OPTION 4 - MASTER STACKED LOGO
The color version of the Master Stacked Logo contains 2 colors (not counting white): red and black.
The files provided here are the ONLY formats that are currently authorized for use. Please do not alter or create your own versions of these logos. Because of obscurity of detail and text at smaller sizes, the Master Round logo itself should not be used in any situation where it appears smaller than 1/2" (1.27cm) including when used as part of the Master Round/Banner Logo.
|Logo No No's|
|NO DISTORTION||NO COLOR VARIATIONS||NO ADDITIONS TO EXISTING LOGO||NO FUNNY EFFECTS||NO "COOL" EFFECTS||NO TEXT CHANGES||NO PARTIAL USE OF LOGO|
Some other tips:
- DO try to use the Master Banner Logo and Master Stacked Logo on dark backgrounds.
- DO try to link back to www.501st.com through the image.
- DO try to use the logo along as well as your unit logo.
- DO NOT put the Legion logo too close to another logo. Try to maintain a clearance of 1/2 the vertical height on all sides.
- DO NOT use excessive occurances of any 501st logo on the same page.
- DO NOT use the logo as a repeating pattern.
The 501st Legion logos use the following fonts and you should feel free to use these in conjunction with your project to keep a consistent 501st Legion theme:
The following fonts are generally used in the 501st Legion Publications and PR material. While other fonts may be used it is recommended that you submit a mock up of your PR material to the Legion Public Relations Officer if you are using nonstandard fonts.