For 501st approval:
- Fabric is a medium weight suiting material exactly matching the pants.
- Gabardine style weave is most accurate.
- Tunic is double-breasted with a left over right closure on the tapered yoke.
- Yoke comes up across the shoulder to the top shoulder seam.
- The standing collar has square corners and is about 1.25" (31.8 mm) tall.
- Collar closes snugly and includes a modesty panel behind closure.
- Collar edges are closed with two eye hooks.
- There are code cylinder pockets on both outside panels of the jacket from about half way between the top and bottom on the arm hole.
- Sleeves are long, and without decoration, cuffs or buttons.
- Sleeves contain 2 seams.
- One along the bottom and one along the back.
- Tunic is constructed with no top-stitching (stitches visible on the exterior surface of fabric)
|For level two certification (if applicable):|
- There is a dart of about 2" (50.8 mm) in the top center of the yoke.
- There is a seam running the entire circumference of the tunic, dividing it along a line hidden by the uniform belt.
- The back of the tunic has princess seams that run vertically and turn outward to intersect the arm-hole seam at the vertical center.
|For level three certification (if applicable):|
- Tunic is secured on the right side by snaps or buttons.
- Not hook and loop fastener (Velcro).
- There is no top-stitching visible anywhere.
- A lining is sewn in.