For 501st approval:
- Knee-high, black, lace-less, smooth non-textured, leather or leather-like material.
- Rubber is not acceptable.
- PVC or synthetic material is allowed as long as it gives the appearance of leather.
- There are no stretch panels, buckles, snap tabs, or decoration.
- Boots have conservative heels.
- Zippers are only allowed if they are hidden, or on the inner part of the boot shaft, not visible from the front, side or back.
- The top of the boots may be flat or Spanish Style, but not Cowboy or Super Hero (pointed at the front) Style.
|For level two certification (if applicable):|
- Boots must not have a zipper.
|For level three certification (if applicable): |
- Boots must be leather, not vinyl or PVC.
- Exact replicas of English riding (dress) boots or Equestrian boots.