For 501st approval:
- Calf high black leather or leather like material.
- Free of laces, decorative stitching, buckles on the instep or any other embellishments.
- Boots may have a single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot, with the buckle no wider than 1".
- This need not be functional.
- Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable, so long as they are concealed.
- If the zipper is not covered by vinyl/leather, it is painted black.
- German "jack boot" style boots are most canon.
|For level two certification (if applicable):|
- Boots are made of leather.
|For level three certification (if applicable): |
- Boots are German jack boots (or “Knobelbechers”) or an authentic replication thereof.
- Boots have the top adjustment strap.