For 501st approval:
- The gloves are black leather (or leather-like material) and mid-forearm length.
- The upper surface is quilted in lines spaced approximately one inch apart which run parallel to the arm and starts just behind the knuckles.
- The palm side has no quilted lines.
- Version comparison and details.
|For Advanced Status certification (mandatory upgrade):|
- The gloves should be made of leather (more specifically, it should match the leather of the body suit).
- The gloves should flare out on the outside edge towards the opening.
- There should be six rectangular sections created by the quilted lines on the upper surface; they are not of uniform width (the outer sections are smaller than the middle sections.
|For Advanced Status certification (optional upgrade): |
- The quilted lines should be very finely stitched, and the upper surface should be padded minimally.
- The quilted lines in the flared section are stitched as a "V" turning the sixth (outermost) section into a "Y".
- The stitching on the gloves, with the exception of the quilted lines, should be external.
- The top and bottom of each glove should not be directly sewn together in the flared section; a gusset should adjoin them starting at the wrist bone. It should be approximately two inches in width at the end opening of each glove.
- Each glove should be constructed with three fourchettes-one between each set of fingers.